POSITION TITLE: PRODUCER (#28825BR)
LOCATION: NBC DFW, Dallas/Fort Worth
Posting Date: July 18, 2016
Job Purpose: NBCUniversal’s Owned Television station in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, KXAS TV, is looking for a Newscast Producer. As an NBC5 Producer, you will be creating content for the most innovative news organization in Texas.
- Build stories and newscasts while leading a team of associate producers, reporters, and anchors.
- Craft content using excellent writing and editing skills as well as your own unique vision.
- Work with newscast directors, promotion teams, graphics artists and newsroom staff to coordinate the production of newscasts.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a daily newscast producer
- Ability to create urgent and interesting news copy
- Skilled social media user, who uses Facebook, Twitter and other platforms to build content and attract viewers
- Proven track record of boothing live events and newscasts
- External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered (Note- job #BR).
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have the ability to work any shift
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal’s Dispute Resolution program
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure.
- Knowledge of libel law and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Team player who is flexible
- Displays a positive work ethic and can work under tight deadlines.
- High degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Intense familiarity and interest in current news events.
- Strong Organizational Skills.
Interested candidates can apply on line at www.nbcunicareers.com. The position number is #28825BR.
KXAS TV and KXTX TV are Equal Opportunity Employers. NBC5 Job Hotline (817) 654-6476.