Two earthquakes were detected in the Azle area on Tuesday according to the US Geological Survey.
First a 3.0 magnitude quake was recorded at 8:24 a.m. about one mile away east/southeast of Azle.
The second quake, at 2:03 p.m., registered a 2.7 magnitude and was located 4 miles west-southwest of Azle.
If it feels like deja vu, you're right -- there have been more than a dozen earthquakes in the Azle area and 17 recorded quakes in the North Texas area since the start of November. See a Google map here.
That's a whole lotta shakin' going on.
Here are the USGS and NBC 5 reports of all North Texas earthquakes recorded in November:
- Nov. 26 - 2:03 p.m.: Magnitude 2.7 west-southwest of Azle | Story
- Nov. 26 - 8:24 a.m.: Magnitude 3.0 east of Azle | Story
- Nov. 25 - 7:55 p.m.: Magnitude 2.7 south-southeast of Azle
- Nov. 25 - 1:43 a.m.: Magnitude 3.3 | Story
- Nov. 23 - 3:43 a.m.: Magnitude 2.9 southwest of Reno | Story
- Nov. 20 - 11:53 p.m.: Magnitude 2.2
- Nov. 19 - 6:40 p.m.: Magnitude 3.6 north-northwest of Azle | Story
- Nov. 19 - 12:03 p.m.: Magnitude 2.8 west of Azle
- Nov. 19 - 11:57 a.m.: Magnitude 2.5 southwest of Reno
- Nov. 13 - 3:01 a.m.: Magnitude 2.6
- Nov. 11 - 2:30 a.m.: Magnitude 2.8 north of Azle | Story
- Nov. 9 - 1:54 p.m.: Magnitude 3.0 south of Springtown | Story
- Nov. 8 - 9:34 p.m. : Magnitude 2.4
- Nov. 7 - 10:32 p.m.: Magnitude 2.9 near Springtown
- Nov. 5 - 9:32 p.m.: Magnitude 2.6 east-southeast of Reno | Story
- Nov. 2 - 12:45 a.m.: Magnitude 2.0
- Nov. 1 - 4:57 p.m.: Magnitude 2.1 east-northeast of Richland Hills | Story
Other Earthquake-Related Coverage:
- Texas Railroad Comm., USGS Investigate Texas Quakes
- State and USGS Investigates Recent Quakes
- North Texas Residents Take Recent Quakes in Stride
- Five Tremors Shake North Texas in Past Week
- More Earthquakes Detected in North Texas