3.7 Magnitude Quake Reported Near Mineral Wells
Third quake in December. 20 quakes were recorded in North Texas in November
The highlighted maroon pin shows where the USGS detected a earthquake Monday morning near Mineral Wells.
Another earthquake was detected in North Texas Monday, the third quake in December, after an active November.
According to the United States Geological Survey the 3.7 magnitude earthquake was recorded at 3:23 a.m. Monday, 10 miles north-northeast of Mineral Wells.
The epicenter for the earthquake was in Palo Pinto County. An NBC 5 viewer who lives at Possum Kingdom Lake said she felt it.
Last month, a string of earthquakes rattled the area near the border of Tarrant and Parker counties. See a Google map here.
There have been no injuries reported in connection with any of the earthquakes.
Here are the USGS and NBC 5 reports of all North Texas earthquakes recorded in December and November:
- Dec. 9 - 3:23 a.m.: Magnitude 3.7, north-northeast of Mineral Wells
- Dec. 8 - 12:10 a.m.: Magnitude 3.6, northwest of Azle
- Dec. 3 - 8:44 a.m.: Magnitude 2.7, north of Azle
- Nov. 29 - 12:14 a.m.: Magnitude 3.2, west of Azle
- Nov. 28 - 2:41 a.m.: Magnitude 2.8, north of Mineral Wells | Story
- Nov. 28 - 1:58 a.m.: Magnitude 3.6, north of Mineral Wells | Story
- Nov. 26 - 2:03 p.m.: Magnitude 2.7, west-southwest of Azle | Story
- Nov. 26 - 8:24 a.m.: Magnitude 3.0, east of Azle | Story
- Nov. 25 - 7:55 p.m.: Magnitude 2.7, south-southeast of Azle
- Nov. 25 - 1:43 a.m.: Magnitude 3.3, west of Azle | Story
- Nov. 23 - 3:43 a.m.: Magnitude 2.9, west-northwest of Azle | Story
- Nov. 20 - 11:53 p.m.: Magnitude 2.2, north-northeast of Azle
- Nov. 19 - 6:40 p.m.: Magnitude 3.6, north-northwest of Azle | Story
- Nov. 19 - 12:03 p.m.: Magnitude 2.8, west of Azle
- Nov. 19 - 11:57 a.m.: Magnitude 2.5, northwest of Azle
- Nov. 13 - 3:01 a.m.: Magnitude 2.6, east-northeast of Azle
- Nov. 11 - 2:30 a.m.: Magnitude 2.8, north of Azle | Story
- Nov. 9 - 1:54 p.m.: Magnitude 3.0, south of Springtown | Story
- Nov. 8 - 9:34 p.m. : Magnitude 2.4, northwest of Azle
- Nov. 7 - 10:32 p.m.: Magnitude 2.9, near Springtown
- Nov. 5 - 9:32 p.m.: Magnitude 2.6, north of Azle | Story
- Nov. 2 - 12:45 a.m.: Magnitude 2.0, south-southeast of Mansfield
- Nov. 1 - 4:57 p.m.: Magnitude 2.1, east-northeast of Richland Hills | Story