If Jason Garrett indeed becomes a coaching free agent after this NFL season, his resume just became considerably more sparkling. Because atop the Christmas Tree of his Cowboys’ career, he now has a shining star.
Cowboys 38, Eagles 27. When everyone expected his team to lose, Garrett’s Cowboys won.
Can’t imagine Garrett not being re-signed by Jerry Jones. In case the owner needs a refresher of the employee’s work, I present Garrett’s Top 5 wins as head coach of the Cowboys:
Connecting you to your favorite North Texas sports teams as well as sports news around the globe.
Images from the Sideline: Cowboys Vs. Eagles
5. Nov. 14, 2010 -- Cowboys 33, at Giants 20 – After taking over from Wade Phillips in the wake of a humiliating loss to the Packers, Garrett proves immediately and emphatically that he can change the culture at Valley Ranch.
4. Dec. 22, 2013 -- Cowboys 24, at Redskins 23 – Needing a win to force an NFC East Championship Game, Dallas rallies for the game’s final 10 points and wins on a hobbling Tony Romo’s TD pass to DeMarco Murray with 1:08 remaining.
3. Oct. 12, 2014 -- Cowboys 30, at Seahawks 23 – Romo’s 3rd-‘n-20 escape to Terrance Williams caps dominating performance against defending champs and improves surprising season to 5-1.
2. Dec. 9, 2012 -- Cowboys 20, at Bengals 19 – In the wake of Josh Brent’s crash that killed teammate Jerry Brown, gutsy team rallies to win on Dan Bailey’s 40-yard FG at the gun.
1. Dec. 14, 2014 -- Cowboys 38, Eagles 27 – Just 17 days after getting humiliated 33-10 by the same team on Thanksgiving, Dallas jumps to a 21-0 lead and wins in Philly – in December - to snag control of the NFC East.
A native Texan who was born in Duncanville and graduated from UT-Arlington, Richie Whitt has been a mainstay in the Metroplex media since 1986. He’s held prominent roles on all media platforms including newspaper (Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Dallas Observer), radio (105.3 The Fan) and TV (co-host on TXA 21 and numerous guest appearances, including NBC 5). He currently lives in McKinney with his wife, Sybil, and two very spoiled dogs.