For the second weekend in a row construction crews are set to close all lanes in both directions of the Dallas North Tollway in Plano.
The closures — scheduled from 11 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday — are needed to support the reconstruction of the Tennyson Parkway bridge over the DNT and to add a new U-turn lane at Legacy Drive.
The Tennyson Parkway bridge was demolished and is being reconstructed in phases to accommodate the addition of a fourth lane in each direction of the DNT.
The last portion of the existing bridge was demolished last spring, and crews are ready to place beams for the new bridge.
The latest news from around North Texas.
Additionally, the North Texas Tollway Authority is building a new south-to-northbound U-turn at Legacy Drive. The existing U-turn lane will be converted into a pedestrian walkway between the business developments by the City of Plano.
The concrete deck will be poured for the new U-turn bridge this weekend.
Changeable message signs will be placed prior to lane closures in the construction area. Law enforcement officers also will be on duty to assist drivers.
All closures are subject to weather conditions and will be postponed, if necessary.
Delays are expected, and drivers are urged to use caution in the construction area.
Legacy Drive U-turn Bridge Closures:
9 p.m.-11 p.m. Friday, Aug. 18
- Two northbound lanes of the DNT from the Spring Creek Parkway exit to the Headquarters Drive entrance ramp
- Two southbound lanes of the DNT from Gaylord Parkway to the Spring Creek Parkway entrance ramp
11 p.m. Friday, Aug. 18, through 5 a.m. Monday, Aug. 21 (Continuous closure)
- All northbound lanes of the DNT from the Spring Creek Parkway exit to the Headquarters Drive entrance ramp
- All southbound lanes of the DNT from Gaylord Parkway to the Spring Creek Parkway entrance ramp
- The southwest- and northeast-bound Sam Rayburn Tollway direct-connector ramps to southbound DNT
- The northbound DNT direct-connector ramps to southwest- and northeast-bound SRT
- The northbound entrance ramps from Windhaven Parkway and Spring Creek Parkway
- The northbound exit ramps at Legacy Drive and Headquarters Drive
- The southbound entrance ramps from Gaylord Parkway, SH 121 and Legacy Drive
- The southbound exit ramps to Legacy Drive and Spring Creek Parkway