Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss
Ht. 6'2", Wt. 221, Arm: 33 ⅜", Hand: 9 ½", Bench: 12
40 yd: -, 10 yd.: -, 3 Cone: -, Vertical: 33", Broad: 9'9"
Games Watched: Alabama (2014), Florida, Auburn
Ole Miss wide receiver Laquon Treadwell is yet another 5-star recruit to start producing immediately as a freshman at a Power-Five school. He led team with 72 catches as a freshman and was voted second team all-conference. He showed improvement as a sophomore until he broke his leg and dislocated his ankle against Auburn in 2014.
Treadwell rehabbed from injury and returned for his junior season to lead the conference in receiving yards and become the first WR in school history to be named a Biletnikoff Award finalist. Despite leaving school early and missing nearly a third of his second season, he ranks among the leaders in
school history in most receiving categories.
• Hands - Sure hands and catches away from his body
• Catch Radius - Catches everything near him*
• Size - Physical X prototype
• Body Control - Ability to adjust to ball in air
• Route Running - Consistently separates from DBs in man coverage
• Understands Coverage - Finds space against zone coverage
• Shifty After Catch - Moves like a water bug, despite size
• Route Versatility - Can beat any coverage at any level
• Willing Blocker - Often pancakes DBs downfield
• Injuries - Major leg injuries lead to durability questions
• Long Speed - I could see a slow 40 dropping his stock
• *Focus Drops - Tries to run before securing catch
Verdict: First-Round Pick
"Baby Dez," indeed. If Ole Miss had a good quarterback, Treadwell might have been in consideration for the Heisman Trophy last season. He nearly always has a step on those covering and he's a nightmare when the ball is in the air and after the catch.
Wide receiver isn't high on the list of needs for the Cowboys, but there might not be more than a couple of players that can impact the team like Treadwell can right away. Dallas needs to land an elite player at No. 4 and Treadwell fits the bill. While it's way too early to stack the Cowboys' big board, it's not a reach to say he'd be a fine choice at that slot.