What to Know
- McDonald's unveiled the Frork this week; it's a fork-like device and has a slot that can hold up to four french fries, serving as prongs
- The fast food restaurant is giving them away Friday at 17 around the North Texas area stores; you just have to buy one of the new sandwiches
You've probably heard of the Frork by now, but if you haven't, it's an admittedly "supremely superfluous" utensil McDonald's unveiled this week to help customers scoop up any toppings that may fall as they enjoy one of the fast food restaurant's new premium sandwiches.
The fork-shaped device has an opening where that can hold up to four french fries, serving as fork prongs. And on Friday, while supplies last, McDonald's is giving them out for free to customers who buy one of the company's new "Signature Crafted Recipes" sandwiches.
- 2151 N. Josey Lane, Carrollton, TX 75006
- 125 S. Denton Tap Road, Coppell, TX 75019
- 450 Merrifield Road, Dallas, TX 75211
- 4439 Lemmon Ave, Dallas, TX 75219
- 908 Business Highway 380, Decatur, TX 76234
- 2109 Long Prairie Rd., Flower Mound, TX 75028
- 102 E. US 80, Forney, TX 75126
- 3901 Airport Fwy, Fort Worth, TX 76111
- 3902 S. Great Southwest Pkwy., Grand Prairie, TX 75051
- 3031 W. Camp Wisdom Road, Grand Prairie, TX 75052
- 450 Grapevine Hwy., Hurst, TX 76053
- 5220 N. MacArthur Blvd, Irving, TX 75038
- 101 LR Campbell Road, Italy, TX 76651
- 610 E. 1-30, Rockwall, TX 75087
- 8503 Lakeview Pkwy., Rowlett, TX 75088
- 2217 Texoma Pkwy., Sherman, TX 75090
- 2407 South Main, Weatherford, TX 76086
"While the Frork is supremely superfluous, it shows that McDonald's is willing to do whatever it takes to help them enjoy every last bite," Michael Haracz, McDonald's chef, said in a statement announcing the utensil this week.
Legendary TV pitchman Anthony Sullivan starred in McDonald's mock infomercial to announce the creation, which McDonald's billed as a consumer problem-solving product: "Edible, utilitarian and desperately innovative."
The latest news from around North Texas.
[NATL] Wildest Food Crazes: Emotional Support Chicken
The Frork is compatible with all three of McDonald's new "Signature Crafted Recipes" sandwiches: Pico Guacamole, Sweet BBQ Bacon and Maple Bacon Dijon.
"Will the Frork change your life? Probably not," Sullivan said in the infomercial. "Will the Frork improve your Signature Crafted Recipes eating experience? I mean, sure... maybe."