After a strong cold front moved across North Texas Tuesday, the stage is set for a cold Tuesday night and Wednesday morning.
The coldest air will filter down from the north late Tuesday night. As temperatures drop into the 30s, the risk of freezing temperatures will be a reality for many.
A Freeze Warning is in effect for counties north and west of DFW. Elsewhere, a Frost Advisory is in effect. Take any precautions today to cover or bring in plants that you don't want to succumb to the cold.
Milder weather returns later in the week. A chance of thunderstorms is showing up Friday, but the weekend should be dry.
Connecting you with your forecast and all the things that make North Texas weather unique.
- TONIGHT: Clear with record cold. Frost is possible for DFW toward morning. Low: 36. Wind: NE 10-15 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Possible frost in the morning. Then mostly sunny and cool. High: 62. Wind: NE 5-10 mph.
- THURSDAY: Mostly cloudy and cool. Low: 47. High: 67. Wind: SE 10-20 mph.
- FRIDAY: Mostly cloudy with an 80% chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening. Low: 58. High: 73. Wind: S 10-20 mph.
- SATURDAY: Partly to mostly sunny and mild. Low: 57. High: 76. Wind: N 10-15 mph.
- SUNDAY: Sunny and a little warmer. Low: 56. High: 81. Wind: S 10-20 mph.
- MONDAY: Mostly sunny, breezy and quite warm. Low: 61. High: 84. Wind: S 15-25 mph.
- TUESDAY: Mostly cloudy and warm with a 20% chance of thunderstorms. Low: 63. High: 84. Wind: S 15-25 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Mostly sunny. Low: 61. High: 81. Wind: NW 10-20 mph.
- THURSDAY: Mostly sunny. Low: 57. High: 81. Wind: S 10-15 mph.
- FRIDAY: Mostly sunny. Low: 58. High: 83. Wind: S 10-20 mph.