After a cool and (relatively) quiet weekend in North Texas, we're about to get another blast of early-season cold air and some much-needed moisture. A strong cold front will sweep into the area tonight and move across the area during the day Monday. Rain will develop after midnight tonight and will continue through the day Monday. There won't be any severe weather, but a few thunderstorms may develop along and behind the front.
Monday will start with temperatures in a mix of 50s to near 60 degrees. By early Monday evening, most of North Texas will drop into a mix of of 40s and 50s. A strong north wind between 15 to 25 mph will make it feel even colder. Wind chill values will be in the 20s and 30s on Tuesday.
For most of the area, the precipitation will stay in liquid form. That's not the case in western and northwestern parts of North Texas where a Winter Weather Advisory has been issued. Some freezing rain could mix in as temperatures get close to freezing Monday evening through early Tuesday afternoon.
Scattered showers will continue Tuesday and Wednesday before the strong upper-level storm system finally moves away from the area on Thursday. That means the weather will improve considerably in time for Halloween and Election Day. Just a reminder ... Daylight Saving Time ends next Sunday too. Clocks will be set back one hour Saturday night.
Connecting you with your forecast and all the things that make North Texas weather unique.
- TONIGHT: Cloudy with rain developing. Low: 58. Wind: NE 10-15 mph.
- MONDAY: Cloudy, windy and much colder with rain through the day. 7 AM: 58. 5 PM: 48. Wind: NE 10-15 shifting to N 15-25 mph.
- TUESDAY: Cloudy, breezy and cold with a 60% chance for showers. Low: 42. High: 47. Wind: N 10-20 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Cloudy, breezy, and cold with a 60% chance for more showers. Low: 41. High: 49. Wind: NW 10-20 mph.
- THURSDAY: Breezy with a slight chance for a few early AM showers. Becoming partly cloudy in the afternoon. Low: 43. High: 57. Wind: NW 15-20 mph.
- FRIDAY: Sunny and cool. Low: 42. High: 60. Wind: N 10 mph.
- HALLOWEEN: Mostly sunny and pleasant. Low: 43. High: 66. Wind: SE 5 mph.
- SUNDAY: Daylight Saving Time ends at 2 AM. Partly cloudy and seasonably cool. Low: 47. High: 68. Wind: SE 5-10 mph.
- MONDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 48. High: 68. Wind: E 5-10 mph.
- ELECTION DAY: Mostly sunny and nice. Low: 53. High: 72. Wind: SE 5-10 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 52. High: 70. Wind: SE 5-10 mph.