We'll continue to experience excessive heat across portions of the region through the weekend. An excessive heat warning has been issued for portions of North Texas through Saturday evening. This includes Dallas, Tarrant, Denton and counties to the south and east.
High temperatures will climb into the 100 to 104-degree range through Sunday. Heat index values will approach 110 again Saturday afternoon. Be sure to limit time outdoors and take the necessary precautions to stay cool and hydrated.
With the hot and breezy weather expected, there's an elevated risk for grass-fires, especially to the west of DFW. Please avoid outdoor burning or any other activities that might create a spark.
Connecting you with your forecast and all the things that make North Texas weather unique.
If you're not a fan of the heat, relief in the form of a cold front will arrive Sunday evening. Scattered storms will be possible with the front late Sunday into Monday, but no severe weather is expected. A few storms however, could be strong with gusty winds. Behind the front, daily temperatures will drop into the low to mid 90s.
- TONIGHT: Mostly clear. Low: 82. Wind: S 10 mph.
- SATURDAY: Partly cloudy and hot. High: 103. Wind: S 10 mph. .
- SUNDAY: Partly cloudy and hot with a 20% chance of evening storms. Low: 81. High: 100. Wind: S 10 mph.
- MONDAY: Partly cloudy and not as hot with a 20% chance of storms. Low: 75. High: 94. Wind: E 5-10 mph.
- TUESDAY: Mostly sunny and warm. Low: 75. High: 94. Wind: S 10 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Mostly sunny and warm. Low: 72. High: 94. Wind: S 10 mph.
- THURSDAY: Mostly sunny. Low: 74. High: 93. Wind: E 5-10 mph.
- FRIDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 73. High: 94. Wind: SE 5-10 mph.
- SATURDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 75. High: 95. Wind: SE 10-15 mph.
- SUNDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 75. High: 95. Wind: SE 10-15 mph.
- MONDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 76. High: 95. Wind: SE 10-15 mph.