Breezy northwest winds and cooler air are expected to move-in behind a front Friday and bring an end to the rain and storms this evening; the upcoming weekend will be dry.
Showers and thunderstorms passed through the Metroplex Friday morning ahead of a strong cold front. The front will push through during the afternoon hours.
A few storms may become strong to severe with gusty winds and quarter-size hail, but widespread severe weather is unlikely. Rain amounts will average a half-inch to an inch.
Expect a chilly and windy start to the weekend with high temperatures well below normal for mid-April. Lows will be in the 40s and highs in the 60s. Warmer 70s will return for next week.
- TODAY: Cloudy and breezy with a 60% chance for scattered showers and storms. High: 63. Wind: SE 10-20 mph.
- TONIGHT: Mostly cloudy, chilly and breezy. Low: 49. Wind: NW 15-25 mph.
- SATURDAY: Cloudy to partly cloudy, blustery and cool. High: 62. Wind: N 10-20 mph.
- SUNDAY: Partly cloudy and cool. Low: 45. High: 66. Wind: NE 10 mph.
- MONDAY: Partly cloudy and still a bit cool. Low: 46. High: 70. Wind: E 5-10 mph.
- TUESDAY: Mostly cloudy. Low: 52. High: 72. Wind: N 10-20 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 47. High: 72. Wind: N 5-10 mph.
- THURSDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 55. High: 75. Wind: SE 10-20 mph.
- FRIDAY: Partly cloudy with a 20% chance of storms. Low: 58. High: 77. Wind: S 10-20 mph.
- SATURDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 54. High: 76. Wind: N 5-10 mph.
- SUNDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 57. High: 80.