The work week began with a mild and windy Monday. A cold front will move into North Texas Tuesday bringing a drop in temperatures and a good chance of showers and thunderstorms.
While showers will be possible at any time on Tuesday, the best chance of storms will occur Tuesday evening in parts of East Texas. Some gusty winds will be possible with the strongest storms.
The chance of showers will continue Tuesday night and Wednesday before drying out Wednesday evening. Total rain amounts will be around an inch or two in DFW, perhaps higher in East Texas.
Thursday through the weekend will be dry, but additional rain chances return for early next week.
Get DFW local news, weather forecasts and entertainment stories to your inbox. Sign up for NBC DFW newsletters.
- TONIGHT: Cloudy with a 40% chance of showers after midnight. Low: 56. Wind: S 10-20 mph.
- TUESDAY: Mostly cloudy with an 80% chance of showers and a few thunderstorms. High: 62. S/NW 10-15 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Mostly cloudy with a 80% chance of showers and thunderstorms. Low: 44. High: 55. NW 10-15 mph.
- THURSDAY: Mostly sunny and pleasant. Low: 39. High: 62. Wind: SW/NW 10-15 mph.
- FRIDAY: Mostly sunny and cooler. Low: 36. High: 52. Wind: NW 10-20 mph.
- SATURDAY: Mostly sunny and cool. Low: 31. High: 56. Wind: N 5-10 mph.
- SUNDAY: Mostly cloudy and seasonable. Low: 37. High: 61. Wind: SE 10-20 mph.
- MONDAY: Mostly cloudy with a 40% chance of showers. Low: 50. High: 63. Wind: S 10-20 mph.
- TUESDAY: Mostly cloudy with a 40% chance of showers. Low: 50. High: 65. Wind: W 10-15 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Partly cloudy and pleasant. Low: 48. High: 66. Wind: S 10-15 mph.
- THURSDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 48. High: 60. Wind: N 10-15 mph.
Be prepared for your day and week ahead. Sign up for our weather newsletter.