Gas Leak in 15-story Dallas Building Sends 3 to Hospital

Experts are trying to pinpoint a gas leak in a 15-story residential building in downtown Dallas that sent three people to a hospital Monday night. [[377119931,C]]

Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Jason Evans said a carbon monoxide leak was detected in the structure located in the 500 block of North Akard Street just after 11:30 p.m., prompting an evacuation.

Evans said Tuesday that the exact location of the leak was not found, but officials believe the incident involved the building's heating and air conditioning system. He says the carbon monoxide returned to safe levels after the system was shut down.

Officials had no immediate information on the three people who got sick. Authorities did not immediately say how many people were evacuated for several hours during the incident.

The American Red Cross has been notified to come out and assist.

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us