A cold front will continue moving slowly across the region Monday morning. A band of showers and thunderstorms near the Red River moved southeast through daybreak.
The latest news from around North Texas.
Some storms are expected to produce gusty winds, frequent lightning and heavy rain.
Temperatures will be cooler today, but heating up for the rest of the week with temperatures in the mid to upper 90s.
Another weak cold front may bring us another brief drop in temperatures by next weekend.
The latest video forecast from NBC DFW's team of Weather Experts will appear in the player above. Keep up with the latest changes to the weather by downloading the NBC DFW smartphone App for iOS and Android!
- TODAY: Mostly cloudy with a 50% chance of showers or thunderstorms, especially in the morning. Becoming partly cloudy in the afternoon. High: 88. Wind: NE 5-10 mph.
- TONIGHT: Partly cloudy. Low: 73. Wind: E 5-10 mph.
- TUESDAY: Mostly sunny and warm. High: 94. Wind: E 5-10 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Mostly sunny and very warm. Low: 75. High: 95. Wind: SE 10-15 mph.
- THURSDAY: Mostly sunny and hot. Low: 75. High: 95. Wind: S 10-15 mph.
- FRIDAY: Partly cloudy, breezy, and hot. Low: 78. High: 95. Wind: S 15-20 mph.
- SATURDAY: Partly cloudy and hot. Low: 78. High: 93. Wind: SE 5-10 mph.
- SUNDAY: Mostly cloudy with a 40% chance for showers and storms. Low: 72. High: 88. Wind: NE 10-15 mph.
- MONDAY: Partly cloudy with an isolated shower or storm still possible. Low: 71. High: 90. Wind: E/SE 10 mph.
- TUESDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 72. High: 92. Wind: SE 10 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 73. High: 94. Wind: S 10-15 mph.
NBC 5 S-Band
Ellis, Johnson Co.