Close to a record high today with sunshine. The record is 80 for DFW and temperatures will be well into the upper 70s this afternoon. A cold front will sweep through tonight and knock temperatures down into the 50s for Tuesday's high. The front will not bring any precipitation.
For the rest of the week ahead, we will see occasional cold fronts sweep through the area, but none of these fronts will trigger any rain chances. The air mass in place is just too dry. We will, however, see more clouds Thursday and Friday to help keep temperatures in the 50s both days. With strong winds and dry air around on Saturday, we will have to be mindful of the possibility of high fire danger.
- TODAY: Sunny and warm. High: 78. Wind: W 5-15 mph.
- TONIGHT: Mostly clear. Low: 40. Wind: NW 10-15 mph.
- TUESDAY: Sunny, but chilly. Low: 40. High: 58. Wind: N 10-15 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Sunny and mild. Low: 38. High: 71. Wind: SW 10 mph.
- THURSDAY: Increasing clouds and cooler. Low: 43. High: 60. Wind: N/NW 10 mph.
- FRIDAY: Mostly cloudy in the morning, then a mix of clouds and sun in the afternoon. Continued cool. Low: 38. High: 57. Wind: NW/SW 5 mph.
- SATURDAY: Mostly sunny, windy, and warmer. Low: 45. High: 73. Wind: SW 15-25 mph.
- SUNDAY: Mostly sunny with less wind. Low: 47. High: 71. Wind: SW 5-10 mph.
- MONDAY: Sunny and warm. Low: 46. High: 74. Wind: W/SW 10 mph.
- TUESDAY: Mostly sunny but cooler. Low: 45. High: 63. Wind: N 10-15 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Mostly sunny. Low: 44. High: 65. Wind: N 5-10 mph.