It's Day 21 of the 2017 State Fair of Texas. Here's 5 things you need to know before heading to the fair on Thursday.
- One of the biggest attractions at the State Fair of Texas each and every year is the Texas Auto Show. 400 of the latest models are all on display from the world's leading manufacturers. The show fills the Automobile Building, Centennial Building and even stretches outside into the Truck Zone. If you are in the market for a new car, truck or SUV..... or if you are just a car fanatic, this is one part of the fair you do not want to miss.
- The Creative Arts Kitchen will once again be the place to be on Thursday morning. That's when the Cobbler Cook-Off happens. Pre-registration is required, but you can always swing by and watch. There will be everything from peach and apple to blueberry and strawberry. Judging will happen sometime before noon.
- The kids will love this next event. Head over to the Texas Discovery Garden for the Butterfly Release. This will happen at 12 p.m., so don't be late.
- At 2:30 p.m., Maggie Baugh will take over the Dr. Pepper Stage. If you enjoy country music and a good fiddle player, you don't want to miss this show.
- At 8:30 p.m. Thursday night, head over to the Chevrolet Main Stage for a performance by Ron Lawrence and Sazerac Jazz.