Five Fort Worth Cats have been named starters on the 2009 American Association South All-Star team.
The game will take place on July 21 in Grand Prairie.
- Allen is currently fifth in the league with a .353 batting average and ranks second in hits with 70. He was the starting left fielder on last year's All-Star squad.
- Blair is batting .295 with 22 runs batted in and has played in all 50 games for the Cats this year at short.
- Fryer, last year's All-Star MVP in St. Paul, is in the midst of a 28-game hitting streak and is batting .306 with a team-leading 21 stolen bases.
- Gulledge, an All-Star selection in 2007 as well, is hitting .278 with six homers and 26 runs batted in.
- O'Sullivan, recently posted a league-record 30-game hitting streak and is at or near the top in all three major offensive categories. He is tied for first with 12 home runs, second in RBI with 46 and fourth in average at .353.
Pitchers and reserves will be named in the coming days.