Irish Whiskey Spiked Coleslaw
(makes about 3 1/2 cups)
- 3 cups savoy cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 medium sized carrot, grated
- 1 bramley apple, grated
- 3 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 small bunch chives, minced
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Irish mustard (or whole grain mustard)
- 2-3 tsp sugar, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- In a bowl, mix the cabbage, carrots, apple, parsley and chives.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the oil, Irish whiskey, cider vinegar, mustard, black pepper, and sugar (adding more of any of the above to taste).
- Pour the vinaigrette over the dry ingredients and toss until evenly coated.
Connecting NBC 5 to the community we serve.
North Texas Irish Festival 2019
Presented by Southwest Celtic Music Association
March 8 – March 10