Authorities say a central Florida woman has fatally shot her adult daughter in an apparent accident.
Winter Haven police say 52-year-old Adele Bing was charged with second-degree murder and child abuse Tuesday.
Police say Bing had just had a heated argument with her boyfriend before Monday night's shooting.
When Bing heard a knock at her door, she armed herself with a baseball bat and a handgun. The gun fired as Bing was opening the door, hitting her daughter, 25-year-old Ruby Bing, in the chest. She died at the scene. Ruby Bing had been holding her own infant when she was hit, but the child wasn't injured.
Adele Bing was being held at the Polk County jail. It wasn't clear if Bing had an attorney.
More on NBC6.com:
- Gloria & Emilio Estefan Give Back on Thanksgiving
- PHOTOS: Rock Stars Then and Now
- Kidnapped Squirrel Returns Home for the Holidays
- Miami Rescue Mission Offers Thanksgiving Lunch to Needy
- Man Robs Bank, Changes Clothes, Waits at Bus Stop: Deputies
- WATCH: Deer Bursts Through Shop Window
- PHOTOS: Outrageous Black Friday Behavior
- Family: We Tipped Server, Didn't Pen Anti-Gay Note