Motel 6 Evacuated Due to Gas Leak in Addison

View Comments ()
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    A gas leak in Addison closed several lanes to traffic along the 4300 block of Belt Line Road Thursday.

    Officials with Atmos Energy said someone bored into an Atmos line with an auger shortly after noon, causing the breach.

    They added that a nearby Motel 6 was evacuated, but only as a precuation due to the wind direction.

    Atmos crews repaired the line and at about 3 p.m. the road was reopened and customers were allowed to return to the motel.

    No injuries were reported.