Julie Tam, NBC 5 News
Fire investigators say Crowne Plaza Hotel in downtown Dallas lost electricity after a water leak shorted a power supply.
Fire investigators say a downtown Dallas high-rise hotel has lost electricity but a backup system kicked in after a water leak shorted a power supply.
Officials say no injuries were reported early Wednesday at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, which remained open.
Hotel engineer Art Mory told The Associated Press that about 100 guests were in the Crowne Plaza when power went out in the entire building.
A Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman says a pipe burst on the 19th floor. Water ran down the stairwells and caused an electrical short in a fire panel.
A backup emergency power system provided electricity to sections of the hotel before dawn Wednesday.
Firefighters say it could take days for the fire panel to dry out, then power can be restored.
Mory says the complex includes 19 floors, but only about 10 floors have guest rooms. The hotel layout also includes meeting space and a parking garage.
NBC 5's Amanda Fitzpatrick contributed to this report.