Electrical Fire Forces Students Out of Irving School

By Keaton Fox
|  Wednesday, Nov 6, 2013  |  Updated 1:59 PM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Electrical Fire Forces Students Out of Irving School

Keaton Fox

advertisement

A small electrical fire inside Albert Farine Elementary School in Irving forced students to a nearby church Wednesday.

The fire started at about 10 a.m. at the school, which is located on the 900 block of Metker Street.

District officials said the fire activated the sprinkler system in several classrooms. Those rooms will have to be cleaned of water damage before students can return. Those classes will be temporarily moved to other parts of the school.

The students were allowed back into the school at about 11:30 a.m.

No one was injured and fire officials said they aren't sure yet what started the fire.

Parents are being asked not to come to the school, if possible. Dismissal is at its regular time Wednesday afternoon.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get NBCDFW on Mobile!
Get NBCDFW's free news and weather... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out