Arlington Martin Dismissing Early After Fire

Fire reported to have started in microwave

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    School buses will leave Martin High School early Thursday after classes were dismissed due to fire.

    Arlington Martin High School will dismiss classes early Thursday afternoon after a fire at the school filled the building with smoke.

    Officials told NBC 5 that the fire started in a microwave. There have been no reported injuries.

    The school is located in the 4500 block of Pleasant Ridge Road. Parents can pick up their students at St. Barnabas Church, west of campus. For those students who normally take the bus, officials said buses will run earlier than normal.

    Also, a black history program scheduled for 7 p.m. at the school has been canceled.  Parents and students can receive further updates on the school's Twitter page, @martinhigh.