Grapevine High School was evacuated Thursday after a gas line ruptured inside the school.
According to officials with the school, the rupture took place inside a mechanical room not far from the kitchen.
No students were near the area at the time the leak was reported.
The campus was evacuated and there have been no injuries reported.
Shortly after 10:30 a.m., the Grapevine Fire Department tweeted that the leak had been stopped and that the students were expected to return to the building soon.
The gas leak has been stopped and our companies are checking the school. Students should be back into the building soon.
— Grapevine Fire Dept (@GrapevineFIreTX) October 10, 2013
Shortly before 11 a.m., the fire department cleared the building and allowed students and faculty to return to class. As a precuationary measure, the library will remain closed for the rest of the day