Photos and VideosMore Photos and Videos
Friends no more.
Halle Berry has backed out of her new film “New Year’s Eve” to prep for a custody fight with model ex-Gabriel Aubry over their 2.5-year-old daughter, Nahla, a rep for the Oscar-winner told news outlets on Monday. Katherine Heigl will step into Berry's role, People mag reported.
"She has attempted to resolve these custody issues amicably with her daughter’s father, Gabriel Aubry, directly, but given his lack of cooperation, Halle has no choice but to seek swift judicial intervention," her rep told Us mag in a statement.
Aubry, 35, and Berry, 44, had until recently taken pains to show they were still friends. After ending their two-year relationship last April, the pair went on to travel together with their daughter in London.
"We were meant to bring this amazing little person into the world,” Berry told Vogue. “And I think that's why we came together. And because of that, we are going to be together forever, all three of us. We are a family until we are not here anymore."
Last month, Aubry reportedly went to court asking to be recognized as Nahla’s father and to be granted joint custody -- which may or may not have set off the war.
Berry’s rep told Us the “Monster’s Ball” actress “has serious concerns for her daughter's well-being while in the care of her father for any extended period of time and is prepared to take all necessary steps to protect her."
Aubry has so far not commented on the latest developments.