Teez Tabor, CB, Florida
Ht. 6'0", Wt. 201, Arm: -, Hand: -, Bench: -
40 yd: -, 10 yd.: -, 3 Cone: -, Vertical: -, Broad: -
Games Watched: Ole Miss (2015), Florida St., Alabama
Jalen "Teez" Tabor has been a shutdown cornerback since high school. He didn't allow a reception as a junior, according to the Washington Post, and was named Washington D.C.'s Mr. Football as a senior. The five-star recruit committed to Florida and played in 12 games as a true freshman, totaling 31 tackles, 4 TFL, 2 sacks, 8 passes broken up and one INT.
Tabor layed in 13 games as sophomore, starting nine. He responded with 18 PBU and 4 INT (2 returned for TD) en route to an all-conference selection. He declared for the NFL Draft after his junior season, in which he was named to his second All-SEC team and led the Gators with 10 PBU and 4 INT.
• Size - Good height, frame, length
• Speed - Recovers quickly, good long speed
• Quickness - Fast feet, change of direction
• Physical - Attacks ball carriers, feisty
• Anticipation - Recognizes routes
• Instincts - Rarely fooled, diagnoses plays well
• Run Support - Plants and drives
• Catch Point - Physical, high points
• Versatility - Can play outside or slot
• Tackles - Drops head, whiffs occasionally
• Handsy - Little too grabby in coverage at times
• Hips - Didn't show fluid transitions
Verdict: First Round
While scouting Vernon Hargreaves last year, Tabor was the one who jumped off the screen in the Gators' secondary. Tabor excels in man and zone coverage and shows off the length, athleticism and instincts teams covet in corners. His only real issue is missed tackles, but his is a correctable issue of technique rather than desire.
If the elite defensive linemen are off the board when the Cowboys pick in the first round, they could look to a versatile corner like Tabor. Tabor can play outside or move into the slot and let Byron Jones slide back to safety. Having those two in the same secondary would also let Dallas disguise coverages and lead to more takeaways.