Joseph Randle Given Continuance in Casino Court Appearance | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
Blue Star
The center of the Dallas Cowboys universe

Joseph Randle Given Continuance in Casino Court Appearance

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    NBC 5 News
    Former Dallas Cowboys running back Joseph Randle leaves a Kansas jail following his arrest at a casino, Nov. 24, 2015.

    Former Dallas Cowboys running back Joseph Randle says his future is "to be continued" after making his first court appearance in a Kansas casino altercation case.

    KAKE-TV reports that the 23-year-old Randle was given a 30-day continuance during Thursday's appearance so he could hire an attorney.

    He is charged with misdemeanor counts of disorderly conduct, criminal trespass and interference with a law enforcement officer in the Nov. 24 disturbance at the Kansas Star Casino in Mulvane.

    Randle, who appeared rather studious while wearing glasses before the judge, informed the court he plans to plead not guilty.

    When he was arrested, he already had been suspended for four games under the NFL's personal conduct policy.

    Randle addressed his future in the NFL after leaving court Thursday.

    "It's to be continued, you know? We got to get through this rough phase, you know? My suspension is up this Sunday, you know? So we'll see how it works out after that," Randle said.

    Randle's next scheduled court appearance is Jan. 7, 2016.