It's back to work for the Dallas Cowboys after last week's heartbreaking loss to the New York Giants. And as surprising as it may sound, life actually did go on, and the Cowboys are playing another game tonight against the 0-2 Carolina Panthers.
As it comes with a new stadium, tonight's another "first". It's the inaugural Monday Night Football game at Jerryworld. There is some bad news however, concerning the leagues top ranked rushing attack. The Cowboys will be without running back Marion Barber who is inactive to nurse his quad strain. Second year back Felix Jones will start in his place, with Tashard Choice acting as back up .
It's been a long week at Valley Ranch, most notably for Tony Romo. Who looks to rebound from his awful, three interception performance last week against the New York Giants. Romo has said all of the right things, and should rebound nicely tonight against the Panthers.
Carolina come in at 0-2, but don't let that record fool you. They still have very dangerous talent, and understand that teams don't make the playoffs after starting the season 0-3. That doesn't sit well with a team that won their division a year ago.
As of 6:30, the crowd is still a little thin. Don't expect another attendance record tonight, especially after all of the party pass drama this week.
Here are some other things to watch for tonight:
- Will the Cowboys finally record a sack? They're the only team in the league without one.
- How about turnovers? The Cowboys don't have one of those either.
- It will be interesting to see how Jason Garrett calls this game, in wake of all the "Romo bashing."
- Last week the pass defense was awful, week one it was the run defense. Can they figure out both tonight?
- This team says they're better at handling adversity. Here's there chance.
My fearless prediction; Cowboys 21 Panthers 10