I’m not a big believer in superstition, karma or luck. I’ve been known to chase a black cat under a wooden ladder while not knocking on it.
But there’s something beyond Jason and his mask that’s creepy about Friday the 13th, especially with the full that greeted us at dawn and will appear again Friday. Not that I’m developing a severe case of Triskaidekaphobia, but I do cringe at some thoughts entering this Cowboys’ season.
They need a lot of things to go right to break out of the .500 rut. But if these things go wrong, it could get real scary real quick:
13. Jason Garrett gets nervous in his contract year.
12. Dan Bailey goes into a slump.
11. Dez Bryant’s tirades trump his touchdowns.
10. Henry Melton has zero impact.
9. Jeff Heath starts at safety.
8. Jason Witten finally slows down.
7. Anthony Spencer never gets healthy.
6. Zack Martin gets beat out by Mackenzy Bernadeau.
5. George Selvie is again the best defensive lineman.
4. Tyron Smith gets injured.
3. Rod Marinelli is no better than Monte Kiffin.
2. Tony Romo’s back doesn’t hold up.
1. Sean Lee gets injured and … Oh, wait, I’m already scared.