The Dallas Cowboys will be featured in 10 classic games that the NFL will post on YouTube based on fan votes.
The NFL announced in May that they would post three full classic games on YouTube for each of the league's 32 franchises in August. Fans voted for the games on Facebook.
The three games Cowboys fans voted for are:
- Super Bowl XXVII - The Cowboys defeat the Buffalo Bills 52-17 in Pasadena Jan. 31, 1993.
- Super Bowl XII - The Cowboys top the Denver Broncos 27-10 in New Orleans Jan. 15, 1978.
- Super Bowl VI - The Cowboys win their first Super Bowl 24-3 over the Miami Dolphins in New Orleans Jan. 16, 1972.
The Cowboys, along with the Green Bay Packers, will be the most-featured team, appearing in 10 of the 96 videos to be posted. The seven games Cowboys fans might not be as interested in watching include:
- 1981 NFC Championship Game - The catch. The San Francisco 49ers beat the Cowboys 28-27 to end Dallas' run of dominance and begin their own.
- 1982 NFC Championship Game - The rival Washington Redskins eliminate the Cowboys 31-17 and go on the win the Super Bowl.
- 1980 NFC Championship Game - The rival Philadelphia Eagles beat Dallas 20-7 and advance to the Super Bowl.
- 1998 Week 13 - Minnesota Vikings rookie WR Randy Moss, angry that the Cowboys didn't draft him, scores 3 TDs in a 46-36 win in Dallas on Thanksgiving.
- 2002 Week 1 - The fledgling Houston Texans shock the world and win their first game as an expansion team 19-10.