In a weekly post, we'll take a look around the AL West — what's happened so far, and what's on tap in the coming days.
1. Los Angeles Angels (5-4) — The Angels are coming off a sweep of the bad A's after a split with the Rangers. They still have so many questions — both at the plate and on the mound — and don't appear to be a team that should be feared too much. Next up: Friday, 7:10 p.m., at Minnesota Twins.
2. Texas Rangers (5-5) — A 10th-inning loss prevented a 5-2 road trip on Wednesday afternoon but the freakout moments from the bullpen in the season's first series don't seem to be too much of a concern anymore. Next up: Tonight, 7:05 p.m., vs. Baltimore Orioles.
Connecting you to your favorite North Texas sports teams as well as sports news around the globe.
3. Oakland Athletics (4-6) — It won't last because the A's are just really bad, but they're off to a decent enough start. However, they were just swept at home by the Angels — something we'll be saying a lot about the A's this year. Next up: Friday, 9:05 p.m., vs. Kansas City Royals.
4. Houston Astros (3-6) — The Astros have played the best competition early in the year, tangling first with the Yankees and now dealing with the champion Royals at home. They even lost a couple of games to a bad Brewers team, though. It's way too early to point and laugh, but it's been a rough start for the Rangers' chief rivals. Next up: Tonight, 7:10 p.m., vs. Kansas City Royals.
5. Seattle Mariners (3-6) — The Mariners only wins thi syear have come against the Rangers, which is both hilarious and also sad, depending on how you look at it. Next up: Friday, 6:05 p.m., at New York Yankees.