McKinney Police Arrest Man in Fatal Shooting of Wife, Her Twin

Twin McKinney sisters killed in domestic violence shooting, police say

A North Texas man fatally shot his wife and her twin sister in a case of domestic violence Monday night, McKinney police say. [[383713921,R]]

McKinney police said they found 49-year-old Karen Bigham and Kathy Boobar dead inside a house on the 2800 block of High Pointe Boulevard about 5:20 p.m.

"All they seem to do was give, give, give," said Tim Boobar, Kathy's husband. "Both of them were very active in the community."

Their giving spirits and celebrating their lives are what Boobar says family wants to focus on right now.

"We have hope that we'll see them again one day in Heaven, and we know that we might not understand why they had to leave us so soon, but we're going to cherish the time that we had with them," said Carly Boobar, Kathy's daughter. "Look back at all the fun memories and laughs and smiles and all the good times we had together."

Karen Bigham was very active in her children's lives and ran a salon out of her home. Kathy Boobar was President of a Dallas investment firm and active in the Collin County Junior League and Women’s Auxiliary to Children’s Medical Plano.

"We just want everybody to know what giving people they were and how much they gave both to their families, as well as, their community," Tim Boobar said.

An arrest affidavit obtained Tuesday reveals more about what led to their deaths. 

Bigham's estranged husband, 50-year-old Kelley Eugene Bigham, of McKinney, was detained in Rains County, east of Dallas, and charged with murder, according to McKinney Police Officer Sabrina Boston. [[383722401,C]]

Bigham's bond is set at $1.5 million. No attorney information for Bigham is available.

The couple's college-age daughter, Kylie, ran to a nearby house to ask for help as the shooting happened, neighbors said.

According to the arrest affidavit, Kylie told police her mother told her she was divorcing her father and that he threatened to kill her on June 15 while holding a gun.

Kylie told police her mother asked her to come to her house on Monday while her father was there to pick up some belongings, the affidavit said. Kylie said she was there with her young son and her mother and was doing her aunt's hair in a room of the home used as an in-home salon.

In the affidavit, police said Kylie reported being in the kitchen with her father when he abruptly pulled out a handgun and told her she needed to leave.

Kylie said she grabbed her son and ran out of the rear door as she saw her father enter the salon, according to the affidavit. She said she heard her mother yell for 911 to be called shortly before hearing two gunshots and a woman's scream.

Kylie later told police that after the shooting, her father texted her a message that said, "I'm sorry," according to the affidavit.

You can read Bigham's full arrest warrant here.

NBC 5's Frank Heinz and Jocelyn Lockwood contributed to this report.

Contact Us