Large Fire Breaks Out Inside Restaurant at Downtown Dallas' Mosaic Building

All downtown Dallas Area Rapid Transit rail lines were temporarily suspended

A fire erupted inside the Mosaic Building in downtown Dallas Thursday morning, sending large plumes of thick, black smoke into the street.

Building officials said a grease fire broke out inside Zenna, a restaurant on the ground floor of the building and that the fire was contained to that area.

While the fire did not reach residential floors, building management said there is a strong smell of smoke throughout the building and that residents will not have access to elevators for the time being.

There were no immediate reports of any injuries.

Dallas Area Rapid Transit suspended light rail operations downtown as firefighters worked the fire near the Akard Station. DART resumed normal service shortly before noon.

Check back and refresh this page for the latest update. As this story is developing, elements may change.

Contact Us