Keller “Black Widow” Expected to be Sentenced Monday

Williams returned to custody Jan. 30

Sentencing is expected to begin Monday for a North Texas woman who pleaded guilty to deadly conduct and tampering with physical evidence in the death of her husband.

Michele Marie Williams, who was dubbed the Keller "Black Widow" by some media organizations, reached a plea bargain with the Tarrant County District Attorney's office in Oct. 2013 after having previously having claimed to not be involved with the death of Gregory Williams, her husband.

Williams previously told investigators that a man dressed in black entered the couple's home, struck her head with a wrench and then shot and killed her husband. That story was found to be false, the medical examiner said.

She later changed her story to say she staged the break-in and injured herself to cover up that her husband had committed suicide, a story that also was false, according to the medical examiner report.

According to the district attorney's office, Williams pleaded guilty to knowingly discharging a firearm at her husband -- the deadly conduct charge -- and also pleaded guilty to tampering with evidence by moving and cleaning her husband's body.

“This agreement was reached after we met with the victim’s family and thoroughly reviewed the evidence and circumstances of the case,” said Deputy Chief District Attorney Jack Strickland, who handled the case with Sheila Wynn. “There were serious legal and technical issues with the investigation that factored into this decision. Specifically, the defendant succeeded in destroying and doctoring evidence necessary to prove an intentional murder.”

The DA's office is recommending an 18-year prison sentence for tampering with evidence and a two-year sentence on the deadly conduct charge.

During the Oct. 2013 plea deal proceedings, Williams was scheduled to be formally sentenced on April 21, 2014, due to being pregnant with twins.

According to the Tarrant County District Attorney's office, on Jan. 30, 2014, Williams was returned to custody "after it was determined that her medical condition no longer existed" and her bond was deemed insufficient. Sentencing was then moved to Monday, Feb. 10, 2014. Attorneys would not elaborate on the circumstances of Williams' "medical condition."

Previous Coverage:

Contact Us