The National Weather Service in Fort Worth tweeted out tips early Monday morning about how to stay warm when the power goes out.
Get DFW local news, weather forecasts and entertainment stories to your inbox. Sign up for NBC DFW newsletters.
Those tips include:
- Close blinds or curtains to trap heat inside
- Close rooms to avoid wasting heat
- Stuff towels or rags in cracks under doors
- Eat and drink. Food can warm the body -- but avoid caffeine and alcohol
- Wear layers of loose-fitting, lightweight, warm clothing