Gas Leak Sends Students, Adults to Hospital

A gas leak in a high school science lab sent 7 people to the hospital and forced an evacuation Tuesday morning.

Officials said gas leaking from a bunsen burner inside a lab at Crowley's 9th grade campus caused the teacher to pass out and made several students ill.

In all, two adults and five children were transported to an area hospital.  Officials said the injured were transported mostly for observation, though the exact conditions of the individuals is not yet known.

The building was evacuated, though students were allowed back inside once air quality returned to normal.

Contact Us