A two-alarm fire has been extinguished at an electronics store inside Irving Mall, officials say.[[436417953,C]]
The fire was first reported at about 9:17 p.m. inside a room at Express Electronics. Heavy smoke was reported inside the mall, and fire crews evacuated customers and employees.
The mall's sprinkler system kicked in, and by 10:20 p.m. the fire was under control.
No injuries were reported.
The latest news from around North Texas.
The fire was contained to the room where it originated, but smoke poured into other parts of the building. Fire crews brought in a venitlation fan to help clear the smoke overnight.
The mall is located on the north side of State Highway 183 near Belt Line Road.