A fire at the Scarborough Faire in Waxahachie appears to have been caused by an electrical issue, officials say.
Two buildings caught fire at about 4:30 p.m. Tuesday on the grounds where the Scarborough Renaissance Festival is held each year.
The latest news from around North Texas.
Both of the buildings were destroyed, according to festival spokeswoman Helaine Thompson, and three other buildings sustained light to moderate damage.
Scarborough Faire Fire
Thompson said no one was injured.
The Ellis County Fire Marshal's Office says the fire apparently started due to overloaded electrical wires.
The exact damage estimate is incomplete but is likely between $20,000 to $25,000, the fire marshal's office said.
Thompson said the fire will not impact the 37th season opening of the festival which is April 8, according to its website.