Family of Seven Exposed to Chlorine Gas

A family of seven is recovering after they were exposed to dangerous fumes Tuesday.

Chlorine gas filled their home in the 1800 block of Kings Canyon Circle in southwest Fort Worth around 1 a.m.

Firefighters said one of the family members mixed two cleaning agents, creating the toxic fumes.

Paramedics treated all seven people at the scene before transporting them to area hospitals to be checked out. Their conditions are not life threatening.

One of the family members mixed bleach with drain cleaner to unclog a stopped drain or toilet, emergency responders said.

The mixture created toxic fumes that typically cause trouble breathing and burning pain in the eyes and throat.

Contact Us