Electrical Short Sparks Fire at Northwest Dallas Home

Firefighters say an electrical short sparked an overnight house fire in Northwest Dallas.

When firefighters arrived at the home in the 4400 block of Simmond Drive, flames were shooting out of the roof.

Three people were at home when the fire started. All were able to get out safely.

The man that lives in the home told investigators he heard a loud noise in the garage.  When he went to investigate, he found smoke and fire filling the garage.

Firefighters quickly got the fire put out, but the home now has extensive damage.

Investigators said the fire started in the attic above the garage then spread to other parts of the home. 

Contact Us