One Person Shot at Galleria Dallas, Shooter Remains At-Large

Shooting reportedly took place in or near food court between two people who knew each other, police say

NBCUniversal, Inc.

Two men who knew each other were involved in a shooting inside the Galleria Dallas shopping center in North Dallas Tuesday night, police say.

Dallas police said the incident was not an active shooter situation, but a shooting that started in the food court after a fight between two people police believe knew each other. At this time, police have not arrested the gunman. They did release a surveillance photo of the man on Wednesday.

Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5000.00 for information called into Crime Stoppers that leads to the arrest and indictment for this felony offense and any other felony offense. Call Crime Stoppers at (214) 373-TIPS, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

The injured man was taken to Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas. His condition is unknown.

Witnesses, some who ran and others who hid, reported hearing as many as five gunshots.

“We heard one shot. I thought it was just somebody had fallen or something. I didn’t know what had happened. And then it was like three to four more shots came, and I froze like I didn’t know because I was just trying to process everything. Then my heart dropped," said Zoe Crayton.

Crayton was among several shoppers that sheltered inside the H&M store for about 20 minutes until Dallas police gave the all-clear.

Dallas police said Tuesday evening that one person was shot inside the Galleria Mall. At this time, police have not arrested the suspect who remains on the run. The person that was shot, was taken to Parkland Hospital.

Eduardo Vergara said he waited in Altar'd State for nearly an hour after hearing the gunfire. He said their only information about what had happened came from social media.

“It’s very stressful. You know, you’re here shopping and all of sudden you have to seek shelter, you know? Keep safe for your life," said Vergara.

Loreli Ruvelcaba said she ended up on an elevator with nearly 40 people searching for an exit. They saw police surrounding the victim who appeared to be shot in the leg. That's when they were told to run.

“They were like, 'Where do we go?' We don’t know if he’s inside or outside. What do we do? And the hall, it was dark. But they just said, 'Just go. Just run away," said Ruvelcaba.

The investigation into the shooting and the search for the gunman is ongoing. Police said Tuesday night they were reviewing video cameras to determine where the gunman went after the shooting.

Contact Us