The Graduate Research Building at Texas Woman's University in Denton was evacuated Wednesday afternoon after an hazmat incident in a chemical lab.
A spokesperson from the school said two chemicals, an acid and a base, were being mixed together in a research lab at about 12:45 p.m. when the reaction caused the glass container to burst.
The GRB building was evacuated by Denton firefighters and closed for the remainder of the day.
School officials did not say which specific chemicals were being mixed, though they did confirm no one was inside the lab at the time of the incident and that no injuries were reported.
Shortly after 3 p.m. the scene was declared safe and university personnel were working to return belongings to those who had been evacuated.
Oakland Street, which had been closed in front of the building since the incident, was reopened to traffic at about 3 p.m.