It's Day 16 of the 2017 State Fair of Texas. Here's 5 things you need to know before heading to the fair on Saturday.
- The Beef Cattle Show kicks off early Saturday morning. At 9 a.m. the Angus, Red Angus, Hereford & Polled Hereford show starts at the Livestock Judging Pavilion.
- At 11 a.m. you can head over to the Texas Discovery Garden to check out "Butterfly Basics."
- Later in the afternoon, you can see the "Sima Ballet Folklorico" at the Texas Cultural Stage.
- At 5:30 p.m., "The Powell Brothers" will warm up the Chevrolet Main Stage.
- Then later Saturday night, Texas Country fans will fill the fair to see Pat Green on the Chevrolet Main Stage. That concert kicks off at 8:30 p.m.
- (Yes we added an additional bullet point) Saturday is also the Red River Showdown inside the Cotton Bowl. The Texas Longhorns take on the Oklahoma Sooners in the annual meeting. Kickoff is set for 2:30 p.m.