It's Day 15 of the 2017 State Fair of Texas. Here's 5 things you need to know before heading to the fair on Friday.
- The kids will be showing off their knowledge of livestock at the Youth Beef Skillathon. In this written competition, kids from 8 to 18-years-old will take an exam and also be required to visit several identification stations. The champion of this competition walks away with a State Fair of Texas belt buckle.
- Car enthusiast will enjoy this one. The Lone Star Corvette Club will be set up at the Classic Corral. You can check out Corvettes from throughout the years.
- By now you may be ready for some entertainment. So head on over to the State Fair Wine Garden Stage for a performance by Carlos Guedes. He plays a custom-made electro-acoustic harp.
- You can also check out the Milking Parlor Demo next to the band shell. There are 6 show times on Friday, 1:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m., & 6:30 p.m.
- Later in the night, "Prophets & Outlaws" will take over The Chevrolet Main Stage. The band from Dallas is made up of brothers and friends.