Health officials in Denton County announced Tuesday there are 15 new cases of coronavirus in the county, bringing the total number of cases in the county to 51.
There were three new cases each in Carrollton and Lewisville, two in Flower Mound and one each in The Colony, Dallas, Lake Dallas, Trophy Club and unincorporated Denton County.
Earlier Tuesday, the county reported two cases, included in the 15, at the Denton State Supported Living Center. There are now six cases of the virus at the facility.
Full coverage of the COVID-19 outbreak and how it impacts you
Denton County Judge Andy Eads said Tuesday he'd expect more COVID-19 cases to come from within the DSSLC.
*Map locations are approximate, central locations for the city and are not meant to indicate where actual infected people live.
**County totals below include all 32 North Texas counties, not just Collin, Dallas, Denton and Tarrant.
How to Avoid COVID-19 Infection:
The best way to prevent infection is to take precautions to avoid exposure to this virus, which are similar to the precautions you take to avoid the flu. CDC always recommends these everyday actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
*Information shared from the Office of Texas Gov. Greg Abbott