Fire Destroys Grapevine Clinic That Provided Free Medical Care

The needs of some 7,000 clients of a medical clinic and food pantry in Grapevine were in limbo after a fire Wednesday night devastated Grace Community Clinic,The fire started in the teaching kitchen of the clinic in the 800 block of East Walnut Street after a cooking class had ended around 8 p.m.No one was inside the building when the fire started.Although the fire was contained to the kitchen area, smoke and heat damage completely destroyed the exam rooms, medication storage and treatment facilities at the medical clinic."The clinic is a total loss. We're going to have to tear it down to the studs," said Shonda Schaefer, executive director of Grace, a nonprofit that operates the Grapevine Clinic.  Continue reading...

Copyright The Dallas Morning News
Contact Us