Cigarette Reportedly Sparks 3-alarm Fire Near Katy Trail

A cigarette reportedly sparked a three-alarm apartment fire near the Katy Trail on Wednesday morning.Dallas Fire-Rescue responded around 11:30 a.m. to a 911 call about the Uptown blaze in the 3200 block of North Hall Street, near Carlisle Street.The caller said a cigarette had caused the fire on a third-floor balcony, Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Jason Evans said. No injuries were reported; a dog at one of the apartments was given oxygen.Only one unit was damaged by the fire, and six others sustained water, smoke and other damage.Staff photographer Andy Jacobsohn contributed to this report.  Continue reading...

Read More

Copyright The Dallas Morning News
Contact Us