POSITION TITLE: Sports Multimedia Journalist (#39690BR)
LOCATION: NBC 5, Dallas/Fort Worth
Posting Date: March 12, 2018
Job Purpose: As the KXAS NBC5 Sports Multimedia Journalist you will work closely with news management gathering daily sports content. You will also shoot, edit, write, report and produce sports content on all of KXAS’s platforms, including digital and social media with anchor duties. Social media and Internet sports are a major part of this position. The successful individual will furnish a wide variety of sports content either working alone or in tandem with other field personnel.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years experience in newsgathering and/or production
- Minimum 5 years experience writing, producing and desktop editing
- Previous experience with cellular transmission systems, such as Dejero or TVU
- Experience managing general upkeep of equipment.
- External applicants must submit a resume through nbcunicareers.com to be considered (Note- job #).
- Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift, weekends are a requirement of the position
- Must be 18 years or greater
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
- Must have a proven track record of producing unique sports content for the web and be able to show how you showcase those efforts on-air.
- Candidate should be able to build local contacts to break local sports-related stories
- A sense of urgency and desire to learn emerging technologies
- Strong journalistic skills
- Must have a solid grasp of all sports.
- Ability to make priority decisions under deadline
- Team player mentality
Interested candidates can apply on line at www.nbcunicareers.com. The position number is #39690BR. KXAS TV and KXTX TV are Equal Opportunity Employers. NBC5 Job Hotline (817) 654-6476.