There's a low 10% chance for a stray shower or storm through early tonight. The overwhelming majority of the area will be dry though. So, if you happen to get the cooling effects from a passing shower, consider yourself lucky! Better rain chances return Monday and Tuesday with a pattern change and the passage of a weak cold front. It won't be major relief from the heat, but afternoon highs will drop a few degrees Tuesday & Wednesday. Another low chance for isolated storms will return Friday.
As we head toward 4th of July weekend, it looks like we will dry out Saturday and Sunday and crank up the heat once again with temperatures near 100!
Whenever active weather moves into DFW, you can keep up with it by downloading the NBC DFW APP!
10 DAY FORECAST
- TONIGHT: Partly cloudy and warm with a 10% chance for a shower early. Low: 78. Wind: S 5-10 mph.
- MONDAY: Partly to mostly cloudy and hot, with a 30% chance for showers and storms. High: 96. Wind: S 5 mph.
- TUESDAY: Partly cloudy to mostly cloudy with a slight drop in temperatures. Also, a 40% chance for scattered showers or thunderstorms. Low: 77. High: 91. Wind: NE 5-10 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Mostly sunny and very warm. Low: 75. High: 94. Wind: E 5 mph.
- THURSDAY: Mostly sunny and hot. Low: 76. High: 96. Wind: SE 5-10 mph.
- FRIDAY: Partly cloudy and hot with a 20% chance for showers/storms. Low: 77. High: 96. Wind: S 10 mph.
- SATURDAY: Partly cloudy, breezy, and hot. Low: 77. High: 97. Wind: SW 10-15 mph.
- SUNDAY: Partly cloudy and hot. Low: 77. High: 99. Wind: SW 10-15 mph.
- 4th of July: Mostly sunny and hot. Low: 78. High: 99. Wind: SW 10 mph.
- TUESDAY: Mostly sunny and hot. Low: 78. High: 98. Wind: SW 10 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Mostly sunny and hot. Low: 78. High: 98. Wubd: SW 10 mph.