Record warmth is expected today with highs into the upper 80s and lower 90s across North Texas. The old record in DFW was 86 set back in 1933. A south wind will also increase today and that will result in an elevated grassfire danger.
Cooler weather will return Friday and into the weekend. Rain chances will hold off until next week. See the full 10-Day Forecast below.
The latest video forecast from NBC DFW's team of Weather Experts will appear in the player above. Keep up with the latest changes to the weather by downloading the NBC DFW smartphone app!
- TODAY: Sunny, breezy, and very warm with a record high. High: 90. Wind: S 20-30 mph.
- FRIDAY: Mostly sunny, breezy, and cooler. Low: 48. High: 69. Wind: NW 10-20 mph.
- SATURDAY: Sunny, but chilly. Low: 37. High: 56. Wind: NE 10 mph.
- SUNDAY: Partly cloudy and mild. A few light showers possible Sunday night, but mainly north of DFW. Low: 40. High: 68. Wind: SE 10-20 mph.
- MONDAY: Partly cloudy and warmer. Low: 53. High: 75. Wind: W 10 mph.
- TUESDAY: Partly to mostly cloudy and warm, with a 30% chance for showers or thunderstorms. Low: 60. High: 77. Wind: S 10-20 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Partly cloudy and a little cooler. Low: 50. High: 65. Wind: NW 10-20 mph.
- THURSDAY: Sunny and cooler. Low: 43. High: 63. Wind: E 5-10 mph.
- FRIDAY: Mostly sunny and mild. Low: 47. High: 68. Wind: SE 10-15 mph.
- SATURDAY: Partly cloudy and mild. Low: 51. High: 72. Wind: S 10-15 mph.