1 qt heavy cream
16 whole eggs
8 oz smoked Mozzarella grated
1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs
20 Yukon Gold potatoes sliced
Cracked black pepper
Semi boneless Texas quail
Fresh fava beans
Fresh mushroom mix
Chopped fresh Herbs
Quail demi glace
1. Combine heavy cream and eggs and whip together.
2. Grate the cheese on the large holes of a cheese grater.
3. Using a 9x12 inch baking dish or pan, spray with food release spray and line with parchment paper and spray again.
4. Slice the potatoes on a mandolin or food processor to about an 1/8 of an inch. Shingle the potato slices until half the pan is full. Pour in some of the egg and cream mix until it reaches the level of the potatoes. Cover with half the cheese, half the herbs and season with salt and pepper.
5. Repeat the process once more until the pan is full. Cover with double plastic wrap and once with aluminum foil and poke 6-8 holes so the potatoes do not souffle.
6. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 2 hours. Remove from oven and let cool. Chill over night and cut into desired portion size and warm in a low oven before serving.
7. Season the quail with salt and pepper and pan sear until medium rare to medium. Let rest.
8. Saute the fava beans, mushrooms with the garlic, shallots and herbs and season with salt and pepper.
9. Plate as demonstrated and finish with the quail demi glace.