One Apartment Destroyed, 2 Damaged in Arlington Kitchen Fire

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    12 people were displaced after a kitchen fire at the Chula Vista Apartments in Arlington Saturday evening. (Published Saturday, Apr 26, 2014)

    A dozen people are out of their homes after a fire at an Arlington apartment complex Saturday afternoon.

    The fire happened at the Chula Vista Apartments off East Park Row Drive at around 5:30 p.m.

    Firefighters said the kitchen fire started in a second story residence and spread quickly.

    A mother and son escaped their apartment but the residence is a total loss, according to firefighters.

    The woman who lived in the burned apartment was rushed to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. Her son told NBC 5 she's in stable condition.

    Two other residences were badly damaged by smoke and water.

    Firefighters said kitchen fires are the most common fires they see, and that the fire serves as a reminder to never leave anything on the stove unattended.