Kevin Cokely, NBC 5 News
Police say a 31-year-old man trimming trees has died at a Fort Worth home after his equipment came in contact with power lines.
A tree trimmer was electrocuted while working in east Fort Worth Monday morning, officials say.
The man was working with a lawn service crew at a home on the 2500-block of Warren Lane when he apparently touched a power line with some of his equipment, fire officials said.
The shock scorched the tree limb and left the man dangling from the tree. Firefighters spent about an hour Monday morning recovering the man's body.
The victim, 31-year-old Jose Murcia was from Arlington and had owned the tree trimming service for 10 years.
Oncor advises anyone planning to work near power lines to call the power company first and they'll be happy to turn off the power.
"They just can call us and let us know that, 'Hey, we're going to have someone out here that's going to be pruning,' OK, we'll turn the power off and then they can go out there and do their work and when they're ready we can have someone come out and restore the power again too. It's the safe way to do it," said Jeamy Molina, with Oncor.