Fire at Historic Grapevine Home

Friday, Jan 11, 2013  |  Updated 7:47 AM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
A Grapevine home built in the 1860s went up in flames Friday morning. Investigators are looking into the cause of the fire.

Keaton Fox, NBC 5 News

A Grapevine home built in the 1860s went up in flames Friday morning. Investigators are looking into the cause of the fire.

advertisement

Firefighters responded to a fire in Grapevine Friday morning at a historic two-story home.

The fire started at about 4 a.m. on the 500 block of Wildwood Lane.

Crews quickly called for a second alarm due to the heavy flames.

The home collapsed as firefighters battled the blaze.

A man and woman were in the home at the time of the fire. They escaped without injuries.

Police say the home was built in the 1860s and was the first postmaster of Grapevine.

Investigators are working to determine the cause of the fire. 

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get NBCDFW on Mobile!
Get NBCDFW's free news and weather... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out