Woman Dies After House Fire

View Comments ()



    The son of Robert F. Kennedy has been charged with harassment and endangering the welfare of a child for allegedly clashing with two nurses who tried to stop him from taking his 2-day-old baby boy from a Westchester maternity unit. Douglas Kennedy and his wife called the charges "absurd" and said the nurses were in the wrong. Jonathan Dienst reports. This story was published Feb. 24, 2012 at 11:31 p.m. (Published Thursday, Apr 26, 2012)

    An 82-year-old Fort Worth woman died at a Dallas hospital after she was injured in a house fire Tuesday.

    The two-alarm fire broke out at at home in the 6100 block of Wales Court just before 10 a.m.

    The woman, who sustained burns and smoke inhalation, was taken by air ambulance to Parkland Hospital, where she died Tuesday afternoon.

    The Dallas County medical examiner has not released a cause of death.

    The Fort Worth Fire Department said the fire was caused by a candle left burning in the woman's bedroom.

    Two other people were treated for smoke inhalation.

    The fire department said the fire did an estimated $75,000 worth of damage to the home.